Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Cuckoo on the Choo Choo


I have a tough commute - Rockport to Boston. Route 128 to rte 1 to 93 to the $11 lot on Sea Port Ave. Then at night I do it all over again in reverse.

To break up the dirge, and to preserve my nerves, I've been taking the commuter rail. It means getting up 30 min earlier, and getting home about an hour later (groan groan), but it's important to mix it up, chill and catch up on my reading. I'm finishing up "Catch a Wave", a splendid bio about Brian Wilson.

It's also good (up to a point) to be around other people. I see more of the city, and have a nice 20 min walk to & from North Station. It's about as expensive as driving & parking, but on Mondays & bad weather days, the drive is obnoxious, so those will be the days you'll find me on the choo choo, chillin' and giving my nerves a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment