Monday, April 20, 2009

Breaking Bad and Los Cuates De Sinaloa

I caught the last half of the last season and it's safe to say I'm hooked. So last nights episode starts off with a very telemundo-esque music video by the brilliant mariachi trio Los Cuates De Sinaloa.

I found this on the the web: ". Their stripped down acoustic style, consisting of two guitars and electric base, combined with their controversial and unapologetic subject material caught the ears of Regional Mexican Music fans nationwide. Los Cuates' lyrics tell stories of political corruption, drug trafficking and loose U.S. borders. Their 2006 hit single "El Carril Numero 3" (border gate number 3) caused some fellow artists to caution the Berrellezas against speaking too freely, only a short time after the murder of fellow musician Valentin Elizalde. Political pressure and controversy notwithstanding, Los Cuates de Sinaloa continue to rise to the top of the Regional Mexican heap."

Check it:



1 comment:

  1. I too am hooked on "Breaking Bad" and now "Los Cuates De Sinaloa" since I saw and heard them on last weeks episode. Monday morning I quickly found that video and posted it on my "Yearbook" web page.
    I have been trying to find "Los Cuates'" official web site to tell them I am a new fan but could not. Oh well, they may not understand my English!
    Blessy Heart for posting this talent.
    Saffernellie

    ReplyDelete