Wednesday, October 30, 2013
The Munster's Pat Priest in a promo shot - is that a Cragar mag? American racing? Pretty cool and good on Pat for being a good sport and rocking a Barris t shirt!
Va va voom!
- The Koach was made from 3 Model T bodies and is 18 feet long.
- The 133" frame was made by hand.
- It has a four speed manual transmission and a power rear end.
- The brass radiator and fenders were hand formed.
- In 1964, the cost to build the first one was $18,000.00.
- It had "blood red" velvet interior.
- It took 500 hours to hand form the ornate rolled steel scrollwork.
- It had Gloss Black Pearl paint.
- The front end had a dropped axle, split radius rods and T springs.
- The studio gave George Barris 21 days to complete the car.
- There are 2 Barris Koach's
The Car another George Barris creation
Universally panned by critics: A film about a car possessed by Satan himself (or was the car Satan?, heavens!
if you're flipping through the channels some sleepless night and come across this 70's "gem", it's worth a few laughs.
Satan's car: a heavily modified '71 Lincoln (and I always thought he was a Caddy kinda guy - it went nicely with his blue dress).
Elvira's Badass Kustom '59 Thunderbird:
Happy Halloween y'all!
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Monday, October 28, 2013
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
But we’ve been able to get in the water nonetheless.
And dig on the new community, 2 towns over from Gloucester, over the bridge.
What’s been happening:
Closed on a house
Moved into the house; ahh the move, can you say shitshow? So bad it was comical. There was nothing under the nasty carpeting so hardwood floors went in and they kick ass!
The basement garage – so many cool possibilities it’s overwhelming.
Entering a venture without any idea how busy owning a house can keep you; nor any clue how satisfying it would be.
We now return to our regular programming.