The Granite Stoke is a highly original film put together by 2 very talented young fellas. It was refreshing in that it avoided every cliche which has become commonplace in today's surf films.
- No interviews where dudes are choked up with emotions holding back tears; sniff
- No cutsie twee b.s. sentimentality
- No self-indulgent soundtrack that only the director likes
- No emo long filler shots of sunsets, sunrises, horizons, etc
- and zero pretense.
- And most importantly the proceeds from this move don't go to Vans or Quiksilver stockholders, or wherever - they go to help the most excellent Molly Fund --supporting kids with cancer.
If this film comes around your town while on tour, don't take it for granite. (sorry)