Thursday, April 27, 2017

Kick out the Style bring back The Jam

Style Council show 1987, I actually went to this show. Kick out the Style bring back The Jam I say, but I had to see the Modfather in person. And Dee was lovely. And my date enjoyed herself, I was so stressed that she wouldn't.

"Kick out the Style" refers to the Style Council, it was a plea to Paul Weller to get back to ass-kicking badass form he was know for as the front man fort the Jam. Good thing he listened, his solo career was legit. He is the Modfather.

Right: Paul Weller, the Modfather himself.  It was around this period the Style Council began to sputter. At least the did it in mod splendour, and and they did it with the lovely Dee Cee Lee. She and Paul Weller were married for a long while after this. What can I say I'm a Jam snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment