Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Surprise

More Jazzing the Glass

All the local surf websites and magigseaweed.com were predicting flatness for the weekend. Believe it or not, I was half relieved, I’m so backlogged at the office I had to work through the weekend. Groan groan, but it’s good to have a job these days.
IMG_3798b.jpg
4:00, still loads of light, and it was another mild day. I’m thinking I’ll go for a walk along the back shore with the Canon and shoot some photos; a favorite way of mine to unwind.

I pull up to Bad harbor and whoop de doo, small clean waves, and no wind. I can get used to this.
IMG_3791.JPG
2 solid hours on the Junod put a smile on my face. Especially after working (2nd weekend straight of being treated to fun waves after trudging into work). But I don’t want work or any heavy obligation hanging over me during a surf session. Forget it, I wont enjoy it, and I’d be really behind the eight ball after. Like Skip Frye says in The Seedling: “I like to get my work done, then surf”.
IMG_3788.JPG
It must be emphasized how amazingly clear the water is – you could see the sandy bottom straight down ten feet. This is how cape Ann water is supposed to be like all the time: Clean, clear and damn cold. And believe me friends, there was no, I mean no wind. And these little waves kept coming through. Cape Ann’s light was working its magic too.
IMG_3792.JPG
This was sweet payback for some might long days lately.

2 comments:

  1. John, I'm not sure if you know about this but a buddy of mine has been developing it and it just got approved-

    It's a surfing app for the iphone.


    http://www.bomborasurf.com/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBAEGEMhMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people these days more worried about theyre next wave than worrying about theyre working future, its nice to hear somebody take a break from surfing to help rebuild the economy by putting in a hard days work.

    Cheers to you John!!,

    Greg

    PS I had previously posted some photos of the bust ass industrial electrical work I do, but figured surfers/artist wouldnt care photos of that...maybe I'm wrong?

    ReplyDelete