Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rhody Afternoon Mellow

IMG_5871a.jpg
Little state with a big heart. Derby tickets sold out on Thursday (crap!), so I went when Special J egged me on to come down & surf - maybe the forecasts were bull. They were. There were some younger dudes riding heavy singlefins who were blowing the #@ck up.

Excellent to make a 2 hour drive & score.
Excellent to surf with some pretty chill guys & gals.
Excellent waves for a day that was supposed to be flat.
Excellent food & drink at my beloved Ocean Mist.

I'm so glad I got the call to come surf - thanks.

An aside - so often I pull up to surf spot but I'm too anxious to suit up & paddle out before the conditions spoil. So I pop a few perfunctory shots which short change my portfolio and you, dear readers. Do any other surfer/picture takers have this problem or do I just suck?