Wednesday, September 22, 2010

5th Hye Tyde Annual Surf Trip Extravaganza

And the 5th time with fun waves. This was a shortened trip this year.

I was camping in RI last week in anticipation for Hurricane Igor. He took his own sweet time turning on the juice, but with a longboard and the right spot the surfing was a blast.

Day one – show up
Night one – Monsoon rain and knock down wind. I have perfected my campfire building technique. I love sleeping in tents – not.
DSC00171.JPG
Day 2 – loads of fun, but this was from the cleanup on the prior night’s storm, not Igor as we had initially thought.
DSC00185.JPG
DSC00184.JPG
Night 2 – Providence & Johnny Rockets with my darling niece who’s just started college up there. The good thing about 3 days of long surf sessions is you can have a massive burger, fries and share a shake and still come home a couple of pounds lighter!
Day 3 – Saturday – fun city
DSC00187.JPG
Day 4 – only time for a morning go, - I had to clear out and head home.DSC00192.JPG
DSC00194.JPG
Zaius, Taylor, and Nova bummed about the wind

Again, the surf was fun, but by the time I was out of the water and ready to shoot, the wind was on it, and the photos suffered.

Arriving home and a place which never breaks was working, kind of. More on this later.
DSC00216.JPG

Some seriously fun waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment