Tuesday, July 19, 2011

50mi. bike rides in hell (Kingston to New Paltz NY & back, plus detours) - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

IMG_7032
50 miles on a single speed - no bueno and never again, I don't care how hot the Italian girls were, the weather was hotter. Plus they had Bianchi's, I had a hipster singlespeed. Hipness be damned, I'm still in pain. The Shwinnglespeed is one bad mood away from a dumpster. Next time I'll have my real roadie.
I can't reconnect with these folks without getting smashed beyond all recognition. All I can remember is pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
Pink Floyd - The piper at the gates of dawn
My bud Derrick is a talented painter

IMG_7030
IMG_7031
And they have the biggest cat I've ever seen - a Maine Coon named Nelson:
IMG_7019

No comments:

Post a Comment