Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 – HyeLytes from the Year in Surfing, or anything else for that matter.

A151666_063.jpg
January
Your’s truly gets his right ear drilled – no surfing ‘till mid-March. But weep not, my ear feels so good. No more throbbing infections, no more “what??”. And music hasn’t sounded so rich & full since I can remember. Deepest mahalo, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary!
polaroid-27.jpg
Februrary
Stupid reality again – but the big news if you can call it that is my move. Love this house! Y’all gotta come by!
DSC00487
March
Back in the water (with ear plugs) finally. Also, this is the time of the year when young mens’ thoughts turn to motorcycles.
IMG_6383
IMG_6411
April
Facing your fear pays big dividends: paddling out at a local, hairy cove and waiting my turn yielded me a one single left that I’ll never forget. We all have those! And a trip to Rhode Island is always memorable.
IMG_6633
May
Some fun pre-Summer onslaught waves locally.
M4H00721
Don’t ask me what drove me to do it, but a hunge hankerin’ to do the old bridal path/Mount Lafayette hike, but I’m gad I did.
IMG_6751
June
Intro to paddleboards – the lay-down kind:
DSC00839
DSC00902
July
More Summer fun, joy in the warm water. I’m settling into the Gloucester groove quite well, thank you!
DSC00776
DSC00786
August
More small waves & warm water. Hurricane Irene was a bust.
IMG_6854
DSC01127
September
But Katya wasn’t – Rhode Island: the September Place to be.
DSC01392
DSC01349
And hey - who woulndn't want an official team ryder t shirt? - available in gray & white. It can be arranged.
DSC01408
October
Ophelia was fun locally. I just didn’t feel like doing the “it” spots. And outr 1st Nor’easter certainly turned on the juice – bombs on day one, and fun surf for the rest of the week.
IMG_7789
November
Nothing to report ‘cept that Thanksgiving day had waves – just like old times. Joe Frazier died. Go easy Joe, you were a class act.
IMG_7891
December:
And here we are. The month can be summed up I 3 words: **ck yeah, Tortola. First time in the Carribean, first time anyplace tropical, my forst time out of the country since Reagan was president. Thank God for Tortola and her people, that’s all I can say.
DSC01600
DSC01675
DSC01735
That's all folks - hope to see y'all rockin' out and having fun in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Tortola is truly one of the hidden surf gems down island. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete