Friday, December 2, 2011

Pre-trip eye candy - dream of smooth flying & waves

With 101 things to do, and I cannot stop daydreaming. But since this time tomorrow I'll be Tortola (**** yeah Tortola!), what do you expect. The flight is on American Airlines, and traveling with a board is a major hassle. So my ADD mind starts wondering/wondering: Wouldn't a Seaplane be perfect? Like those big WWII jobs? Load up your stuff, fly to the break, land, drop anchor and have at it. Jacques Cousteau had one (above), so there.
Movietime!

I gotta see this - Palos Verdes in the 60's, clay wheels, even their surf team rider jackets are the coolest - and any of those cars in the lot are Musclecar Monday material!

More randomness:

The 777 is the liveliest traditional singlefin log you could imagine. Here's it's creator smacking it in El Porto (photo: Brad Jacobson):

1 comment:

  1. Have an amazing time! I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Please get some warm water waves for me :)

    ReplyDelete