Tuesday, December 13, 2011

**** yeah Tortola pt. 1

DSC01688
Amazing Tortola, I could go on & on, it's all been said. Super people, it's not Bermuda (thankfully) but the place is clean and picked up, pride in their little island. Cape Ann - take note!
DSC01689
It's Easy to get here from Boston

The American Airlines raped me on the board transport - $150 each way, dings incuded.
DSC01554
The TSA opened my bag along the way (see the note the we so kind to leave me?) but the moved all the bubble wrap & pipe insulation.

This little guy was in my window/curtains. Initial unease gave way to admiration when he shot off and gobbled a moth.
DSC01557
But lets accentuate the positive! The waves are consistenty bigger than they look, and far faster & punchier. Water temps, air temps both 83° all week. I got drilled pretty hard on Tuesday. Maybe I should start going short? I'm envious of the shortboarders - maybe because it was good to see them on a real wave. Locals here rip - guys and gals alike.
DSC01600
DSC01583
DSC01591
My Surfer's Journal momenent came at this cove - about 4' and one eye on the coral bottom. It's no joke, I lucked out, but cut up feet and legs are a common sight on visitors.
DSC01747
DSC01682
Cool vehicles you cannot get in the states - the Suzuki Jimmy - tiny sewing machine of a truck, but Suzi-Q did it all. You can rent yours from Denzil Clyne Car Rentals on the West End.
DSC01698
Great food - lots of chicken & fish, and Roti's rock - this is a Paté - hot filled with a spicy fish paste:
DSC01729
The color!:
DSC01704
To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun trip! Nice clear water and something a bit different!! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and tight back at ya, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete