Saturday, December 5, 2009

Always a good time

IMG_5420.JPG
10:00 a.m. And there are 3 new messages on the cell phone. The only one of any importance was that there was still some fun waves way far up north. Special J convinced me to get off the rock and hit some Maine surf.
IMG_5436.JPG
There was a lot of water, but with such limited light these days waiting around for the tide to drop wasn’t really an option. The Mini Zeke was the choice today, I just felt like riding it on a small out-of-state beach break. Making it up in good time, I suited up and was in the water. It started to snow just a little. That’s the 1st time for me since 1998 – surfing while there was snow in the air. 40 degrees was the air temp, and the water temp up there was in the mid 40’s.
IMG_5444.JPG
It as bigger and much better before my arrival, all there was leftover was thigh to waist high clean and fast peelers, but mostly closeouts. I did snag a pretty good batch of pics of Special J in a good northern slider.
IMG_5438.JPG
Crazy wet snow on the way home, good call on bailing when the bailing as good.
polaroid-12.jpg

1 comment: