Wednesday, August 13, 2008

70's take me away

Still no surf, Yikes.

That 70’s nostalgia continues. Any possible reasons?

It’s like a mental fetal position for me – a retreat to my earlier times, the 70’s.

It seems like everything was better back then, but I know that’s not true. But cars, movies, TV, music, were better. Gerry Ford - he was the biggest heavyweight the GOP could dish out back then. Talk about the good 'ole days. Gimme a centrist and consensus builder like Gerry Ford any day over those glorified frat boys we must endure today.

Even dorky t-shirts weren’t that dorky. Hipsters from Venice to McCarren Park are still rocking the vintage.

I’m sure when the work & waves pick up the tone of these posts wont be so wistful, there’s a lot to look forward to.

Next time: A rundown of good radio stations (yup, they’re still around friends), now that the man has hijacked the word Indie.

No comments:

Post a Comment