Friday, November 21, 2008

Ryan Tatar Photography

Ryan is a super talented photographer and surfer in San Diego. He really has his finger on the pulse of what so many of us hold so dear in surfing. His perspective on everything is unique, and his style avoids every cliché whilst still being meaningful and compelling.

Ryan’s work first came to my attention on Flickr, coincidently I was a follower of his outstanding blog – Shakas and Singlefins. Different artists had done his logo, and I did one up for him in my John Severson circa ’61 stylie font (below).
Was I ever surprised and stoked when he used it, especially when you look at the gorgeous logos that Yusuke Hanai, Ty Williams, Ben Waters, and Heather Brown have done for him.
Yusuke’s Rick Griffin-esque logotype (above) is brilliant. Yusuke's website.

Check it all out here.

Well one thing let to another, and the fine folks at Shelter Surf Shop wanted one too.

It’s a nice buzz that these folks dig what I do.

Here’s Ryan’s Flickr page, blog, and official website. Yo check it!

1 comment: